Elna Sewing Machines and Overlockers – Tips
Elna Sewing Machines and Overlockers both stitch well with good sharp needles and with the correct type and size for the fabric being stitched
• Use the same or compatible threads for needle and bobbin
• Ensure the threading of the needle and bobbin is correct
• Clean dust and lint from the bobbin area to stop snagging and tension problems
• Have the correct presser foot for the task at hand
• If skipping stitches replace needle first as they may be bent or blunt
• Set upper tension according to your user manual
If any of the troubleshooting tips do not help to sort out any problems, it is always better to take the machine in for professional inspection and repair, especially if it is in regards to timing or tensions.
Continuing to use your machine may lead to more wear and tear, possibly making the machine totally inoperable.
All sewing machines need to be serviced regularly and we recommend yearly if using often or every two years with infrequent use.