Janome Sewing Machine Repairs – Tips
Janome Sewing Machines have either top loading or front loading bobbins.
• Check that the bobbin is inserted correctly and the thread path is followed according to the user manual for both bobbin and top threads.
• Also check your needle is suitable for fabric type and thickness and is not blunt or bent.
• Use the correct spool cap for the actual thread spool size being used, as incorrect sizing may cause snagging and tension issues.
• Use good quality threads as old dry threads will cause many frustrating tension problems.
• Use compatible threads top and bottom
• Clean any lint from shuttle area. Refer to your user manual
• Used correct presser foot for the stitch selected
• Set upper tension according to your user manual
If any of the troubleshooting tips do not help to sort out any problems, it is always better to take the machine in for professional inspection and repair, especially if it is in regards to timing or tensions. Continuing to use your machine may lead to more wear and tear, possibly making the machine totally inoperable.
All sewing machines need to be serviced regularly and we recommend yearly if using often or every two years with infrequent use.